6 Mar 2013

Allium B Kitchen: Strawberry Milkshake Float

milkshake

I have recently been craving milkshake. Blame the American diner in town as you will, I had never made them before, but with a new blender and fresh strawberries in the fridge, I had to give it a go. I followed a basic recipe I found online, and tweaked it as I went.

You will need 

200g fresh strawberries
2 tbsp caster sugar
1 tsp of vanilla essence
200ml semi skimmed milk
4/5 lumps of strawberry (or vanilla) ice cream

I only had vanilla, so I went with it. You will need a blender or a hand blender to mix the milkshake, so pop in the strawberries, sugar, essence and milk and whisk together. Then add in the ice cream.
Pour out and slurp away.
To add a twist I placed an extra spoonful of ice cream on top of the milkshake, it slowly disapears to the bottom, so once you have finished you have an extra treat waiting for you.

milkshake float milkshake2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love notes