13 Jun 2013
Allium B Kitchen: Summer carbonara
This recipe comes handed down through family, and time and time again it is dug out for that perfect summers evening dinner out on the patio. We are massive pasta fans at Allium B, but always find ourselves going back for seconds with this light carbonara version.
You will need (to serve 2 hungry people)
4 rashers of bacon (2 pp)
4 eggs (2pp)
1 tablespoon of parsley or a small handful of freshly chopped parsley
250g spaghetti pasta
1. Cut bacon into cubes, chop onions and slice mushrooms
2. Prepare mixture in a measuring jug by adding the eggs, milk and parsley. Mix together well
3. Boil water and start cooking pasta
4. Heat pan to a medium heat and add the bacon, onions and mushrooms
5. Fry for 8-10, keeping everything moving, until everything is well done
6. Drain pasta, and add to the pan
7. Pour over the mixture, and start to mix it all together for 2-3 making sure the egg doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan.
Serve with garlic bread and a sprinkling of cheddar cheese, oh and that perfect crisp white wine :)